I've been trying out a few new beauty buys in the last fortnight as well as a couple of random purchases I couldn't resist! here's my fave bits & pieces this week:
1. topshop white martie t bar geek shoes: I feel in love with these shoes in seconds! I was really torn as I loved the red version but I thought white would be perfect to wear with frilly socks for ultimate grandma geek points!
2. lush sweetie pie shower gel & sugar scrub: I was sold on the shower gel at first sniff, smelling like the inside of a sweet shop with an added bonus of glitter throughout, yum! the sugar scrub was a impulse buy as I love a good exfoliate and I saw the ingredients were celulite banishing hurrah.. bye bye lumpy bits, hello baby soft scrubbed skin!
3. topshop powder room lip crayon: I picked this up in the hope it would be a good handbag essential. I love the matt colour but scrubbed lips are a must before application as it's slightly drying and I'm prone to chapped lips!
4. tresemme backcomb dust: wow where to begin.. this stuff is crazy. I imagined it would be like dry shampoo (which I've always found a bit of a non event) but this stuff packs a punch! I didn't follow the instructions of applying to my hands but instead opted for shaking it lightly along my roots to give some lift. it actually does make your hair seem thicker with more body and it has real texture to it which I wasn't expecting! the drawbacks? go easy at first until you've got used to it as it can easily build up and make your hair feel sticky and stiff, also take a few extra minutes to shampoo it all out after you've used it. I will definitely use this again, especially if I'm tying up my hair and want extra bouffant-ness!
5. iconemesis llama phone case* iconemesis kindly asked me to review one of theire cases; there was so many nice ones to choose from I took an age to decide! this gemma correll one really tickled me and the bright colour was so summery it finally made the decision for me (you may have seen it in my last outfit post but I wanted to share a close up snap for you!) they have a great selection of fifi lapin illustrations too so pop over and have a look if you're after a new case!
have you tried any of these too.. what did you think?
ps: if you have a minute to vote for me in the cosmo blog awards I'd be forever grateful! I've been shortlisted along with some other lovely ladies for best craft blog yipee!
you can cast your votes for all the catagories here (please let me know if you've voted so I can thank you myself!!)