whats on my face! travel edition:3.08.2013
as you may or not know I'm on holiday this week (it's my birthday trip to new york hurrah!!) it feels really strange scheduling a post in advance as I usually write them on the day but here I am (...sort of!)
I love packing for holiday; I'm always torn at what to bring with me but I'm being pretty strict this time (must. not. go. over. luggage. allowance. caroline!) I wanted to bring my everyday make up with a few extras to ramp up my look in the evening! I love peeking into my friends make up bags so I hope you guys enjoy this post!
so here's a little run down of the contents of my travel make up bag!
1. mac lady danger lipstick: this is my all time go-to red lipstick for nights out & cocktails!
2. illamasqua precision ink in havoc: this is my current most used ink eyeliner and lasts through the day without smudging!
3. maybelline dream touch concealer: this is my favourite concealer for touching up dark circles. perfect for early morning flights...zzzzz
4. revlon just bitten stain in lovesick: this is my daytime lip colour, it's a lovely cool tone pink for chilly afternoons!
5. benefit they're real mascara: this is a handy travel size of the full version; a great mascara that makes my lashes huuuuge! the down side; it feels quite sticky even after using eye make up remover.
6. urban decay basics: literally my day to night eyeshadow covered in one handy little compact! love it!
7. illamasqua skin base: I raved about this recently, it's the only foundation that's made the cut!
8. brushes: I've taken a little supply I buy mine from models own and (elf) eyes lips face I'm yet to try the real techniques brushes but I will splash out soon hopefully!
9. mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder: this is my all time hero, I use it to set my foundation and keep the dreaded shine at bay! (mine is the light plus shade)
10. topshop cresent moon highlighter: I bought this as soon as it was released and have abandoned my benefit moonbeam since, I think it's my favourite make up from the topshop range!
11. fashionista custom palette: I love this! you can pick out your own blushers/eyeshadow to create your own custom palette in superdrug, they were on offer when I purchased mine and the whole palette came in for around £10!
I hope you liked poking about in my bag you little rascals.. do you use any of these products? what do you think of them?
if you want to catch up on what I'm doing whilst I'm away you can follow my tweets | facebook | instagram for all the latest! (I'll also be doing some shopping for you guys for my 800 follower giveaway whilst I'm away, so keep an eye out for some nyc goodies soon!)